Twitter is no longer an option, but instead a necessity for businesses. Studies show that nearly 50% of customers expect businesses to respond to tweets within 1 hour. Customer service has always been crucial for business success and Twitter has become the new customer service desk.
Creating and maintaining a business Twitter account will improve customer service, provide unprecedented access to customers and increase brand awareness. Follow the tips below to start growing you new or existing Twitter account:
- Fill out your Profile Completely: Make sure you upload a Profile images and Cover photo, as well as an informative Bio, Website URL and Location. Including a few relevant hashtags in your Bio will increase the chances of profile being found.
- Begin posting quality content consistently: Do not Tweet 15x per day for a week and then post only 2x a day the next week. Consistency will greatly increase effectiveness. Use a scheduling tool such as eClincher to spread out your posts and easily view how many posts you are sharing per day.
- Attach relevant images to posts: Posts with images are 2x more likely to be Retweeted than posts with text only. Use tools like Canva to design high quality, perfectly sized images.
- Follow up to 100 new people per day: influencers, friends, family, etc.
- Follow back all real accounts that follow you: Avoid following obvious spam accounts
- Search for relevant hashtags and keywords: Easy way to find potential leads, great content to share and engage in conversations
- Manage your following-to-followers ratio weekly: Go through the list of users that you are following weekly and unfollow users that are not following you
- Use relevant hashtags to increase reach: 1 to 3 hashtags per post is the ideal amount per post. Make sure you are using relevant hashtags, not just the most popular ones.
- Credit the originator of the content by tagging them in your tweet: Aside from being courteous, it increases the chances of them retweeting your post to their followers
- Join related conversations: join Twitter chats, answer questions and build relationships
- Create Twitter Lists: Lists allow you to group together Twitter users based on common interests, expertise, etc. Also a great way to monitor accounts for content without following them, such as major news sites.
- Thank people when they share your content: A simple thank you can go a long way. When you thank people for sharing your content, also ask them what they liked about it. This will help you to get a better understanding of what your audience wants, so you can optimize your content.
Implementing these strategies has helped us to grow our Twitter account by nearly 300% in the past year. Start trying them out today to see what works for you and your audience.
Did we any forget tips/tricks? Let us know in the comment section below!