The market is littered with tools that support just about every facet of a company’s existence and growth. The question lies in selecting the ones that suit your unique needs as a business best. We know why digital marketing is important in today’s world. We just need to take advantage!
Marketing agencies are constantly faced with the ever-evolving market they need to keep up with. To stay on top of your game, you need to choose tools that are dynamic, agile, and impactful.
Whether you pick a tool for a special purpose or one that covers many grounds, the complete roster needs to be comprehensive.
We’ve come up with some must-have tools every marketing agency should have in its arsenal to build and grow itself with ease.
Top 9 tools to build and grow your marketing agency
When looking for tools to build and grow your marketing agency, the goal should be to cover every base. This includes everything from processing documents and hiring employees to project management and workflow management.
To be able to select the right tools for your company, you need to chart out your specific needs in detail. It will give you the correct idea about what features to look for in the online tools you pick and if they will truly fulfill your needs. You should also know the red flags on social media that marketing agencies often get wrong!
Here are the top 9 tools every marketing agency shall absolutely have in its arsenal for a top-notch and all-round performance:
1) TestGorilla — for affordable and intuitive pre-employment tests
TestGorilla is an online tool that helps you conduct affordable and intuitive pre-employment screening tests to screen out the most suitable candidates from a sea of applicants. It powers up the lengthy recruitment process and helps you identify worthy candidates better.
Here are some salient features of TestGorilla:
- Offers 262 scientifically validated tests to help you check the real-world job performance of the candidates.
- The tool grades and ranks the candidates and shows you the most important bits about them — usually via video responses to custom questions.
- The platform helps you give all the candidates an equal, unbiased opportunity and helps you stay away from unconscious bias.
- The tests prepared by TestGorilla serve as an extension of your brand and give candidates a positive experience with you, regardless of whether they get selected.
TestGorilla is available for free with three paid plans as well as a custom plan for greater flexibility. The paid plans go $26 per month, $325 per month, and $2,200 per month, depending on your varied needs.
2) Recruitee — for collaborative hiring
Recruitee is the Application Tracking System (ATS) that aims to simplify the hiring process by making it a collaborative effort. It tracks the hiring process of a candidate from start to finish, keeping everyone involved in the loop, and is preferred by 75% of recruiters today.
Take a look at some winning features of Recruitee:
- Automates the recruiting process, reducing manual work and saving your time up to 64%.
- Boosts your sourcing efforts with the help of social sharing links and sourcing tools to help you post on multiple job boards at once.
- The inbuilt Scheduler link helps you organize better by scheduling around everyone’s commitments and removing the calendar hassle.
- eSignature integration helps you fast-forward the paperwork of the hiring process and lock in a candidate before other companies reach them.
Recruitee is available in three paid packs & is a tool used by markerting experts: Launch at $185 a month, Scale at $333 a month, and a custom plan. However, you do get to try it for free for 18 days without having to enter your credit card details.
3) Klippa — for automated document processing
Kilppa is the automated document processing software that boosts up the organization of your workspace. This OCR guide by Klippa elaborates on how it reduces errors and improves your overall efficiency by intelligent processing of documents.
Take a look at some key features of Klippa:
- Greatly suits the marketing industry as it provides purchasing insights as well as easy to stimulate loyalty based on line item insights.
- Converts texts into documents to facilitate better processing of them.
- Performs quality conversions on document formats.
- Streamlines invoice processing by approving a digital authorization flow and records entries directly into the system.
You will have to request a price quote from Klippa by describing your use case and the type of documents and images you will be using.
4) Zapier — for workflow automation
Zapier is the ultimate automation tool that streamlines and automates the workflow throughout your entire organization. It helps you work more efficiently and focus on creativity and innovation while taking care of mundane regular activities.
Here are some features of Zapier worth looking at:
- Works across 5,000 applications, uniting them to create a single workspace where everyone in your company is included.
- Multi-step workflows allow you to be as specific as you need to be and scale your operations on the go.
- Zapier manages your entire sales funnel — from lead generation to customer emails, with a focus on conversions.
Zapier is available in as many as five packs. The first is free and offers 100 tasks per month. The paid packs range from $1, 633 to $66,486 and manage 750 to 100K tasks per month between them.
5) Basecamp — for project management
Basecamp is an online collaboration tool that offers simplified project management. It helps you manage all your projects in a single space — even through multiple apps — and collaborate with your team seamlessly.
Here are some noteworthy features of the tool:
- Set up your schedule and to-do list to keep yourself focused. Automated check-ins will help you stay ahead of the loop.
- Involve everyone working on a project by adding and removing people with ease. Stay connected with them through group chats and message boards.
- Integrates well with other tools such as Adobe and Spreadsheets in Google to give a seamless work experience.
Basecamp is available for $11 per user per month, meaning the final amount will depend on the size of your team or organization. It’s also available to try for free.
6) Hootsuite — for social media management and marketing
Hootsuite helps you manage your entire social media presence in one place. Create engaging profiles, post content, and stay on top of trends to grow your reach and business with your social media accounts.
Here are some noteworthy features of the platform:
- One calendar for all your social media accounts to help you coordinate them better by scheduling posts beforehand.
- Get insights about the best times to post and get the most engagement out of every post.
- The platform provides classes for beginners to help them get acquainted with the world of social media before diving in.
The tool is available in four paid packs, priced at $23, $92, $552, and custom. You can also try it for free.
7) Unbounce — for building landing pages that convert
Unbounce is the AI-powered landing page builder that helps you create high-performing marketing campaigns in minutes. It uses the power of AI to create landing pages that engage users and convert them into paying customers.
Take a look at some features of the platform:
- Create landing pages, sticky bars, and pop-ups of your own with the optimization tips offered by the tool.
- AI copywriting tools generate, remix, and expand content for pages, ads, and emails.
- The platform routes your visitors to the most suitable landing page to boost your sales and signups by up to 30%.
Unbounce is available in four paid packs: $90, $135, $225, and $575 per month. You can try it for free for 14 days.
8) Ahrefs — for improving your search engine rankings
Ahrefs is an all-in-one toolset to help you rank higher and get more traffic on your websites. It offers everything from a keyword generator to a backlink checker to create a comprehensive SEO strategy for your brand.
Here are some salient features of the tool:
- Audit and optimize your website for maximum engagement with your target audience.
- Analyze your competitors to see what they’re doing right and you shall pay attention to as well.
- Find the right keywords your customers are looking for as well and engage with them through top-performing content.
Ahrefs is available in four paid packs: $99, $199, $399, and $999. It’s not available to use for free.
9) Databox — for evaluating performance and measuring progress
Databox is a dashboard tool that tracks and analyzes your business performance to help you improve on the go. You can connect your data from any device and track it from any device as well, making for a unified experience.
Check out some features of Databox:
- Compare your performance with your competitors by benchmarking groups.
- Identify high-growth opportunities, develop effective strategies and execute them to track your performance.
- Track thousands of metrics, be as specific or as broad as you need to be to identify opportunities and issues.
Databox offers a free plan and three paid plans that are as follows: $72, $135, $231 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are digital marketing tools?
There are a ton of digital marketing tools out there that can help you manage your online presence. Each tool has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to find one that fits your needs. eClincher is a great all-in-one tool that helps you with things like social media scheduling, monitoring, and analysis. It also has a built-in CRM so you can keep track of your leads and customers.
What are the 5 marketing tools?
There are many marketing tools out there, but the five that I find to be the most essential are planning, social media advertising, display advertising, email marketing, and content marketing.
What are basic digital tools?
There are a lot of different digital tools out there that can help manage your social media profiles. A few popular ones include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and eClincher. These tools allow you to see all of your social media posts in one place, schedule posts ahead of time, and measure the performance of your posts.
The right combination of tools can transform the way you work as a company. As a marketing agency, you should pick tools that help you capture the market as well as streamline the internal flow of operations in your structure. I would also suggest investigating crm tools to learn how to manage your work more efficiently!
Pick tools that are flexible and mold to the changes in the market. It helps you stay ahead of the curve and serve the best solutions to your clients.
Let us know in the comments what you think is the best tools to build and grow a marketing agency.